Home Mission Services Special Service Competencies
KellSa s.a.s. has a unique specialty within the area of anti-thrombotic research and development.
This is the ex vivo models of thrombus formation employing non-anticoagulated
human blood and relevant vascular surfaces at blood flow conditions mimicking those of
healthy and diseased veins and arteries, e.g. arteries with various degrees of occluding
A library of antithrombotic efficacy data is available at KellSa s.a.s. from studies on:
· registered antithrombotic drugs
· novel antithrombotic strategies
· antithrombotic drug candidates
· experimental antithrombotics
The models are also employed for studies of haemostasis and pro-thrombotic states.
KellSa s.a.s. provides manufacturing of these non-commercial models and offer special
training of local research teams to operate these unique blood flow devices.
Advantages with these models are:
· Target identification and validation in human models
· Early proof of concept in human models
· Early selection of small molecules / peptides / proteins with antithrombotic efficacy in human models
· Early identification of antithrombotic efficacy in human models; e.g. venous versus arterial thrombus formation, thus blood shear rate dependent antithrombotic efficacy
· Dose finding studies and biomarker identification in ex vivo human models before the commencement of clinical trials in man
· Significant reduction of animal studies in R&D – a major and important ethical development!
· Reduction of attrition rate due to ( I ) target identification and validation in human models, ( II ) early ex vivo proof of concept in man, ( III ) ex vivo dose-response findings in man before first clinical trials, ( IV ) ex vivo identification of biomarkers before first clinical trials, ( V ) identification of possible shear rate dependent antithrombotic efficacy as support for selection of patients for phase 2 and 3 clinical trials and ( VI ) significant reduction of animal in vivo studies